As an avid PlayStation 4 gamer who really enjoys her games, I am very specific about the gameplay and want an enjoyable experience. This includes the quality of headphones as well. However, I have been running a little low on money recently and wanted to try something less expensive. I bought Ear Force Recon by Turtle Beach a few weeks ago on some recommendations and the results have been good but not exactly amazing. However, this was to be expected at a price which was affordable, to say the least. The headset performance is very similar to that of the Raptor HS40 or the Steelseries Siberia 150 which are both medium priced peripherals. Below is my list of pros and cons for the Turtle Beach Ear Force Recon 60P.
- High quality amplified stereo game audio – the sound is definitely a plus for these headphones. I could tell exactly where the shots were being fired in the game and could hear the subtle sound of footsteps as well. These form an important part of the game and the headphones served their purpose well. I also quite enjoy the bass which makes the sounds even more intense.
- Connects easily – the headphones come with a USB connector so you can easily connect it to your PS4 and PS3 devices. They also came with a detachable 3.5mm jack which I used to connect to my PC and so far, they have worked well.
- Long wire – the wire is 16 inches long which is definitely of great convenience. The cable is long enough for me to sit at a comfortable distance and enjoy the game. I really love how I can easily move around and the wire would not restrict me.
- Great price – they offer some great features and are not expensive at all. In fact, they are quite budget friendly and I really liked the experience, albeit a few points as stated below.
- May not fit you well – I am a girl with a small head size so they fit me well without any problems but my brother complained that the headphones felt a little too tight.
- Not fit for using for long hours – they feature a pretty thin headband which makes it difficult for me to wear them for too long. My head starts to hurt on the place they have been sitting but continually adjusting them helps.
- Microphone cannot be moved – what I really dislike about this product was how I couldn’t move the microphone. I am accustomed to adjust the microphone according to my comfort levels but clearly, it isn’t possible with this pair.
If you don’t want to spend too much money on your headphones and want something which offers high quality sound and makes the experience enjoyable, these headphones will do the job well. These are ideal for casual gamers who want to enjoy their games but not spend the entire day on them.