Ever wanted a better way to transfer your money across banking platforms? Babb allows users to keep their crypto assets stored while also being able to function as a bank. We’re here to educate you on Babb’s utility and how it will help unbanked account holders create a financial history.
What is Babb?
Babb (Bank Account Based Blockchain) aims to combine the benefits of traditional banking with blockchain technology. The new bank is located in the UK and will allow users to store cryptocurrency and fiat money.
- P2P Financial Assistance: Babb is running by smart contracts and facilitates P2P lending. This will help entrepreneurs get to connect with investors
- Mobile Apps: Mobile banking has received a lot of popularity and is used by 70% of the banking population. Babb plans to make a high-quality smartphone app to make banking an easier process for the people involved with their platform.
- Payment Card: When connecting to Babb’s app, there will be a new card that has no data placed on it. This helps users obtain goods from a retailer that’s on the platform. This eliminates the need for retailers to pay high fees or deal with a long processing time.
- UK Bank Account: The company is in the UK and is regulated and known by the FCA as a legitimate payment institution. Also, Babb plans to obtain a legal banking license in the UK. Babb will continue to make the sign-up process simple for their new users.
What Problems Does it Solve?
Did you know that there are over 2 billion people that are without a bank account? This means that they are fully reliant on cash and are unable to access financial services. This causes problems, and they are unable to access loans or send their money across large distances.
Approximately, this population is about $380 billion in value. But since this figure is becoming split amongst 2 billion people, the majority of banks believe that it’s not profitable to target this market due to high marketing costs and their infrastructure making it harder to serve them.
Token Sale Information
- Accepted Payments: ETH, BTC
- Hard Cap: $50 Million USD
- Maximum Token Supply: 50,000,000,000
- Tokens Available For Sale: 60%
- Token Sale: January 15th, 2018 – February 28th, 2018
- Website: https://getbabb.com/
- Whitepaper: https://getbabb.com/babb-whitepaper.pdf
Disclaimer: Invest at your own risk. We only give educational content for our readers. If you do plan on investing in an ICO, speak to your adviser first.
- Decentralized Banking: Using blockchain technology, BABB creates a bank account that’s not limited by physical location.
- UK Based: Since Babb has gained the right to act in the UK legally, it has a high chance of expanding to more regions in Europe.
- No Competition: There are no other ICOs that have the same vision and product as Babb. This means that they have little to no competition.
- Confusing Roadmap: On the roadmap, it states that Babb will be releasing a product in 2018, but we haven’t seen one as of yet.
- Legality: We wonder if Babb is going to be able to expand to the US. The innovation of this ICO might be banned in other major countries outside the UK.
To conclude, Babb is the future of decentralized banking. Not only does it use blockchain technology to ensure that all of the money is stored securely, it helps nonbank account holders find an easy way to get set up with their own bank account. Thus, it could have some good value if it continues to follow its plans set out on its roadmap.