What is Bountie?
There are a few problems that are prevalent within today’s crypto industry. For example, most games are Pay for Play, which means that developers will create perks that are necessary in order for the gamer to progress. As a result, it can be difficult for users to stay motivated to play the games as they feel as if they’re a drain in their finances.
Also, some professional gamers aren’t receiving the compensation they need. Only the top gamers are known to make an acceptable income out of this endeavour, making it harder for casual gamers to receive any revenue for playing games live or through tournaments.
Bountie is an ICO project that aims to solve this problem. Its main goal is to help gamers receive compensation for doing the thing they love the most: playing video games. And for professional gamers, it allows them to participate in tournaments in a decentralized and effective manner.
For instance, there are free to play tournaments that don’t require Bountie tokens to enter. Winners can receive free Bountie tokens and can enter a ladder to compete with players from other regions.
Also, Bountie has incentives for casual gamers as well. Certain quests (obtain 50 kills, fight a boss, or complete a game daily) help casual gamers receive Bountie tokens with ease.
- Referee Incentives: For users who want to moderate tournaments and certain gameplay events, they can become a referee. Referees earn 1-3% of the winning pot of each tournament. There is usually one referee for the low-level tournaments. But, if there is a professional tournament, more referees might be needed.
- Leaderboard Rankings: Users can participate in and quests and leaderboard rankings for extra rewards. There will be tournament leaderboards and monthly leaderboards etc.
- Friends Incentives: Bountie gives users the option to create teams with their friends. They can challenge other teams in a tournament or have a one-off match where they can be rewarded with Bountie tokens.
- Reputation System: Certain games like League of Legends are known for having players that are toxic and negative throughout the game. However, Bountie stops this problem by creating a platform where the user’s reputation is tied to how much they earn. Because of this reputation system, it will create an environment where all of the players are incentivized by creating a positive gaming experience.
- Content Creator Incentives: Gamers that create videos within Bountie’s platform can receive tokens as well. They can receive Bountie merchandise and tokens for their effort.
- Profile Datapool: Gamers that play on Bountie’s platform have their own personalized account information where professional teams and gamers can view.
- High Competition: The market for decentralized tournament gaming is already high. Unless Bountie has an innovative product, it might have a hard time receiving market share when placed against other gaming ICO.
- User Protection: We would like more information on how this ICO will prevent user profiles from being hacked by third parties.