The Current Problems in the Digital Industry
Currently, digital content faces a multitude of problems. For instance, both content holders and users are always at odds with each other. This is because users tend to use the digital content without the holder’s permission. When this occurs, the holder doesn’t receive payment for the content they organically created.
Users tend to misunderstand the licensing options and the usage of digital content online. Rights holders are unable to provide documentation that they own the content, making it harder for them to protect the images or videos they produce.
And, some tools are made to identify violations and people misusing the images are inadequate. Both rights holders and users have an issue on creating a timely and seamless settlement on payments.
Copytrack aims to protect the rights of rights holders and make users responsible for using content legally. Ever since 2015, Copytrack helped the photography industry obtain over 50,000 image rights that were suspected of unsolicited use.
By making an open, decentralized, and transparent copyright register via blockchain technology, Also, Copytrack allows users to track, monetize, and register their work without intermediaries, this makes the multibillion-dollar licensing industry fair and incentivizes both buyers and sellers.
- Post-Licensing: Copytrack uses this feature to protect the image violate from becoming sued by the rights holder. It works by giving the violator a posted license to buy after misusing the image. This enables the rights holder to get paid almost instantly and protects the violator’s reputation.
- Match, Search, and License: This gives users the ability to search for rights-holders images and find people who are using it unlicensed. Doing so allows for the system to find copyright violators easier and give them a post-licensing fee.
Token Sale Information
- Accepted Payment: ETH
- Token Sale: January 10th, 2018 – February 10th, 2018
- Maximum Token Supply: 100,000,000
- Token Price: 1 CPY = 1.56 USD
- Available Tokens During Sale: 60%
- Website: https://copytrack.io/
- Whitepaper: https://copytrack.io/pdf/Copytrack_ICO_Whitepaper.pdf
- Technical Whitepaper: https://copytrack.io/pdf/Copytrack_ICO_Technical_Whitepaper.pdf
Disclaimer: Invest in your own risk. Only partake in an ICO that you’ve conducted thorough research on. Our content is only to be taken as information and not investment advice.
- Rights-Holder Incentive: Copytrack allows for rights-holders to receive payment for people who use their images without their permission. This also saves them the time and money by reducing the chances of them suing others for copyright infringement.
- Protect Your Content: Copytrack has a post-licensing feature that prevents the violator from using your content. It allows them to pay for the usage of the image and protects the integrity of your work.
- User Reputation: If you are caught violating a digital image, Copytrack will give you a post-licensing notice to help pay for the content and protect your reputation.
- Lawsuits: How will Copytrack’s lawyers fully engage in copyright infringement lawsuits?
- Competition: Copytrack might be in direct competition with traditional copyrighting platforms.
Overall, Copytrack is an innovative ICO that has received a lot of hype within the crypto community. Because of this, we can only expect that it will complete its promise in protecting rights-holders content.