What is Datum?
Datum is a blockchain based data management and marketplace system. Their goal is to make data a tradeable, safe commodity. As its website states “Data is the new oil.” Also, Datum has made an exchange for Ethereum, IPFS, and BigchainDB.
Datum provides a distributed and decentralized NoSQL database that’s based on a blockchain ledger. This technology allows for anyone to back up their structured data in an anonymous, safe, and protected way. Then, Datum gives them a marketplace where they can sell or share data at their personal discretion.
Personal data management is everywhere. For instance, we use social media for “free” by sharing our personal data. The social media networks sell this data to advertisers, earning them millions of dollars annually.
Datum solves this problem by giving users the ability to own their data. With DAT, their native token, users will be able to share and save their data. This network will contain 3 billion DAT tokens, with about 1.53 billion available for the public token crowsdsale.
- Storage Nodes: Provide storage capacity and compute power to store data in a decentralized network. Storage nodes work with the Big-chain DB cluster. This allows Datum to give large scale storage of data.
- DAT Tokens: Datum’s ecosystem uses DAT tokens. DAT users pay a small number of tokens to transmit and store personal data. And users and buy DAT tokens to get user data.
- Mobile App: Datum has a mobile app that’s easy to use. Also, all of the app’s data is encrypted before entering the network. Data is prevented from identifying patterns and information. Thus, you can stay secure when using Datum’s platform.
- Website: View
- Whiteppaer: Read
- Fundraising Goal: $5,000,000 (Soft Cap) – $153,500,000 (Hard Cap)
- Tokens for Sale: 135,000,000 DAT
- Total Supply: 300,000,000 DAT
Bounty0x username: thetechinsiderorg
- Storage Nodes: Miners like Datum because of its efficient mining nodes. Miners that run storage nodes and provides low latency data access are rewarded in DAT tokens.
- Marketplace: Datum’s marketplace allows users to sell their data to trusted entities or share it selectively. Since the data is protected by blockchain technology, its unable to be destroyed by third-party users or hackers.
- Team Experience: Datum is backed by a team with over 80 years experience creating large-scale management and data processing systems. The company is based in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Switzerland.
- Country Restrictions: How will Datum become accepted in western countries such as the US and the UK? If it’s able to achieve global adaptation, then the project is a complete success.
- Data Value: The value of the user’s data is based on the price of DAT. What happens if it drops? Datum’s user data system is an innovative option, but it needs to find out how to prevent the user’s value from decreasing.
To conclude, we believe that Datum is a project worth looking at. It has the potential to make a good change within the data industry. Through using blockchain technology, Datum can keep user data private, and reward them for sharing it. We hope that this ICO is successful in the future.