What is Dock?
Dock wants to take advantage of the massive amount of unused data on this planet. They want to provide a way for large companies that have tons of data to be able to sell, trade, and exchange it with other parties. Data is an important part of any business today and is essential to creating a long-term business model.
They also provide an easy-to-use application for the general public. The Dock application gives users a central, secure location to store all of their personal details. They can store their email, address, credit card information, and other important information on their Dock account.
Dock utilizes blockchain technology which is almost impossible to hack. In an age full of hackers and data-thieves, this is revolutionary, and it provides a far safer alternative to storing your data in a text file on your smartphone or desktop.
- Decentralized Data: Any company around the world can buy, sell or trade their data.
- Securing User Identities: Dock gives their users a single, secure location to store all of their private data and information.
- Empowering Entrepreneurs: By providing a place for data trading, Dock is giving an outlet to entrepreneurs who need data to start their business.
What Issue Does it Solve?
Dock solves two issues. The first is the problem of wasted data, and the second is the problem of unsecured data. As the need for accurate data becomes more important than ever, and the tactics of hackers become more advanced by the day, the need for a company like Dock is far more important.
Large companies like Facebook and Google have entire buildings that are 20 floors high holding one thing- data. They have tens of thousands of servers that hold personal data, market trends, and information. In today’s world, information is one of the most valuable things there is.
If you are programming an Artificial Intelligence, you need to give it data. If you are starting a business, then you need data to figure out what your customers want, and how to give it to them. Without data, creating a long-lasting business model is next to impossible. This is what makes data so important.
The second problem is that most people’s personal data isn’t secure. They have important details like their social security numbers, personal addresses, email addresses, credit card numbers, and account logins just sitting on unsecured text files or lightly secured email accounts.
These are prime targets for hackers. All they need to do is guess your email password or gain access to your device through a trojan virus or other phishing software, and they will know everything that they will ever need to know about you.
Dock provides all of their users with a secure location to store this data, and the best part is that they have already deployed their desktop application. Dock’s application secures all of your data with Ethereum-based blockchain technology that is almost impossible to hack
Token Sale Information
- Website: https://dock.io/
- Whitepaper: https://dock.io/whitepaper
- Max Cap: $20 million USD
- Supply: 1 billion tokens
- Whitelist Date: February 8, 2018
- Sale Date: February 21, 2018
Disclaimer: All information on this post is made to educate our readers. Don’t invest in any ICO unless you’re confident about its capabilities and do so at your own risk.
- Personal Security: Dock gives their users a secure location to store all of their data in. This is very important in today’s high-tech world.
- Innovative Product: Dock is seeking to solve the problem of wasted data.
- Already Launched Application: Dock already has a fully-functional application that allows users to secure all of their information.
- Chinese Investors Banned: This could prevent the token from immediately blowing up, but is necessary to prevent an unscalable pump.