What is eHarvestHub?
eHarvestHub plans on decentralizing the farming industry by eliminating intermediaries from the supply chain by creating an open marketplace. The main reason why farmers have middlemen is to help them distribute their fruit and fresh produce across multiple regions.
To help improve the transportation system, eHarvestingHub rewards truckers to move the farmer’s produce. Both grocer and farmer can select a trucker and a price for the delivery price. This helps them create a free and independent market, where all sides can benefit from the decentralized pricing system.
The Way eHarvestHub’s system work is pretty simple. Farmers post their produce on the system and grocers and create a route for the produce to be delivered to them.
eHarvestHub’s system rates every purchase to ensure that everyone is honest. In fact. They employ government officials to gauge the quality of the food. This is to ensure that the food complies with safety regulations and is safe to eat.
What’s interesting is that if eHarvestingHub is successful, then farmers and consumers will receive better margins and prices. As a result, the consumer will know where their food is coming from and what company they are supporting. Knowledge and transparency are importing in today’s consumer decision making.
- Smart Contracts: The smart contracts will help bring a consensus amongst farmers/retailers/buyers on delivery times and pricing. The Smart contracts ensure that the truckers and farmers are paid according to their contract obligations.
- Blockchain Date and Location: eHarvestHub has a timestamping option which provides complete transparency. The distributed ledger makes it easier to prevent fraudulent food labeling. All of the data is accessed on the network.
- Blockchain Sharing Economy: Enables quick P2P payments and price transparency between carriers, farmers, and buyers within the marketplace. Decentralization will reduce the cost of the transaction while the trucker will see their profits increase after each delivery.
- Website: View
- Whitepaper: View
- Fundraising Goal: $7,000,000 USD
- Accepted Currency: ETH
- Pre ICO Sale: November 21, 2018 – November 28, 2018
Bountyhive username: thetechinsider
- Farmer Incentive: With eHarvestHub farmers can increase their profits by being connected to a system that brings them to grocers. Basically, it helps them revolutionize their selling tactics and sell their produce to a wider audience.
- No Middleman: eHarvestHub reduces the need for a middle man by making a platform where only the farmers, truckers and grocers can interact with each other directly.
- Transparent Team: eHarvestHub has a team of over 8 members and 10 advisors. All of them have their LinkedIn profile which increases the credibility of this project.
- Long-Term Investment: eHarvestHub was released in 2018. So you’ll have to wait until 2019 to see if this project moons or not.