What is Essentia?
Essentia is a framework that allows users to have full control of their online identities. Users can control whether or not they want their identity to be completely private, whether they want to reveal certain parts of their identities, or whether they want to give websites complete access to their persona. Within this persona, information such as IP addresses, names, your region, and other personal information can traditionally be read by servers who sites you visit.
The main user, or “Seed” as Essentia calls it, is the only one who has complete access to this personal data. Obviously, there will be certain situations where seeds may need to share more personal data for authentication reasons, but in general, this isn’t necessary. By using the Essentia framework, users will have full control over how and where their personal information is shared with other servers.
- Private: Only the main user, also known as the “seed” has full control over their data. Other computers, servers, or third-party entities can access seed information without prior authorization.
- Customizable: Essentia is incredibly easy to customize for whoever is going to be primarily using it. Essentia can be used to protect the identity of machines and humans alike. Each person or machine will have different requirements and will need to customize the Essentia system to meet specific needs.
- One Environment: The Essentia environment provides a central hub that can be used to store multiple forms of identifications, personal data, information about assets, and more. All of this information is completely secure and decentralized.
What Issue Does it Solve?
Essentia solves the issues that most commonly arise in today’s highly-connected world. Information is more valuable than ever and can fetch a high price on the market. Essentia gives users a framework which allows them to remain completely anonymous if they wish and also gives them the ability to keep data about their machine private.
By using a secure framework like Essentia, users can be sure that they’re not being taken advantage of. They can filter out what entities are allowed to access data about them. This framework provides a way to fully decentralize your identity.
Token Sale Information (Not Yet Released)
- Token: ESS
- After ICO no additional ESS tokens will be released
- Website: https://essentia.one
- Whitepaper: https://essentia.one/whitepaper.pdf
Disclaimer: All information on this post is made to educate our readers. Don’t invest in any ICO unless you’re confident about its capabilities and do so at your own risk.
- Decentralized: By using Essentia, you can fully decentralize your personal data. Each user has full control of how they share their data.
- Non-Profit: Essentia operates as a non-profit company based out of Amsterdam, and is planning on providing all of their services for free.
- Customizable: The Essentia framework is easy to customizable for whichever user or machine is using it.
- Marketing: Essentia hasn’t made any headlines and hasn’t pushed marketing for their service. As a result, they are relatively unknown.
- Confusing Tech: Essentia provides a great framework to keep one’s identity secure, but it can be very confusing for the layman. Their whitepaper is geared to be understood by IT professionals.
- Restricted: US, Chinese, and Korean citizens are restricted from ICO investment.