What is Gamico?
Gamico is a project that allows video game hobbyists the ability to receive compensation for doing what they love: playing video games. The platform will allow gaming fanatics to compete, monetize, and use their skill through using blockchain technology when they play their games.
- Unlocking game achievements
- 1v1 matches between players
- E-sports tournaments
- Exchange Gamico tokens with other cryptocurrencies
Here’s how Gamico can help gamers who participate in their platform:
- The chances of tampering and fraud are greatly reduced based on the high-level security in the blockchain.
- GMC’s transaction verification will help with the quality and the accuracy of records.
- Gamico’s platform works entirely on distribution and smart contracts, and this creates a public escrow platform.
- Using blockchain helps reduce the chances of the platform facing server downtimes that we usually see in e-commerce.
- Gamico allows for recording, storage, and live streaming which helps the user save their gaming videos for future entertainment or referencing.
Because of this, we can see that Gamico has a good goal for the gaming industry. Signing up and using their platform is not only rewarding, but gamers are able to naturally enjoy playing games while doing so.
What Problem Does Gamico Solve?
One issue that frequently occurs in most online gaming platforms is user compensation. On some platforms such as Twitch, the only ones who receive payment are the top 1% of the community. This can make it difficult for other gamers to find an incentive for using a streaming service.
Gamico plans to solve this issue by making their GMC token. The token allows for players to interact and participate in the user’s tournaments. With Gamico, users can get rewarded through creating content, building their brand, and can receive GMC tokens when staying active on Gamico’s platform.
Ranking is an important feature in Gamico’s platform. All of the games that are on it will be ranked in order to measure their skills and performance. After becoming apart of a tournament, users will gain GMC tokens and receive ranking points that show their worldwide rankings. The ranking system is essential as there are certain tournaments that require a certain rank to enter.
Each player on Gamico has their own exclusive profile. This profile is used to store and show the user’s achievements, game records, ranking, and other relevant statistics and information. And gamers will be allowed to integrate video content from Twitch and YouTube to their official profile.
- Website: Here
- Whitepaper: Read
- Fundraiser Goal: $5,000,000 USD (Softcap) – $20,000,000 USD (Hardcap)
- Accepted Token: ETH
- Token Supply: 60,000,000
Disclaimer: Everything on this post is for informational purposes. Only invest in ICOs at your own risk.
- Gaming Tournaments: Gamico offers a variety of tournaments for all skill levels. Users who win them are paid in a higher amount than traditional tournaments.
- dApp Client: It features a decentralized app that lets players access and uses smart contracts within the gaming server.
- SDK: Gamico has its own software development kit that allows for developers to integrate their games into their platform.
- Limited Financial Information: While Gamico is a good project, it leaves out a few more important financial aspects in the whitepaper.
- Team Issues: The team has experience within the field, but they lack the international representation and connections.
Again, Gamico aims to fix the gaming industry by making it easier for users to get noticed and compensated for their talents. This is a great ICO for those who are interesting in eSports gaming or casual gamers who would like a better network to engage with their peers. In the long term, this ICO might be a great benefit in the future.