What is Media Protocol?
The current problem with content creation is the lack of user incentives. For instance, content creators spend hours creating valuable content, only to receive a small amount of compensation for their efforts.
Before of this, Media Protocol was made. The project is aimed to help compensate content creators for their work. And, it doesn’t need middlemen to help collect their data or receive a cut. Media Protocol isn’t an app, but it has a software development kit that programmers use to make their decentralized apps.
Media Protocol is backed by a moderated sized team of sixteen employees. While the team is young, they have highly accomplished programmers that come from prestigious academic backgrounds.
Most of their team has worked on projects for Code.ai, an AI company that created powerful platforms for the communications and marketing industries.
Media Protocol’s project didn’t get coverage from their online publications, and the group doesn’t have an intense online presence besides having a Telegram group that has less than 30 followers.
However, these are reasonable numbers because the project is early within its roadmap. Its platform is not expected to be released until Q2. Even then, it has been in development within the past few months.
While the company has a low profile online, representatives are presenting the platform at multiple conferences throughout around the world.
MEDIA Protocol product is a software development kit that’s designed to make a back-end architecture of decentralized apps that was meant to share videos, text, and music.
Content creators can publish their work directly on the platform, and get profits from users if they create a paywall feature or subscription, or from advertisers that gain exposure from the audience, they draw.
Users can gain tokens for their contribution, either from advertisers that pay for their attention or a reward for distributing their content across social media platforms.
- CryptoCatnip: This is Media Protocol’s first app that is devoted to cryptocurrency news. An early version is currently out for iOS and Android, but won’t be completely functional until the token is released. Thus, giving users a decentralized news platform that tells them more detailed information about cryptocurrency.
- Content Incentives: The Content Recommendation Server leverages the team’s current talent with artificial intelligence to connect users with content that they’re interested in. This makes it easier for new users to get involved in the platform and give them content that’s suited to them.
- Open Source: Media Protocol is open source, making it easier for users to analyze the code and verify its stability and security.
- Roadmap Uncertainty: Media Protocol’s roadmap had a lack of a clear focus. It needs to have more direction to grow in the future.
- Coin Offering Information: Media Protocol has little information in regards to the initial coin offering timelines.
- Competition: There is a lot of competition that’s used from similar projects within the blockchain sector.
To conclude, Media Protocol is a good ICO that has gained a lot of popularity amongst the crypto community. If the project is successful, we can expect more content distribution and better a decentralized user experience.