What is PolicyPal?
PolicyPal is a network that’s on a dual mission to address important issues that are within the cryptoassets and insurance sectors. Fundamentally, PolicyPal gives protection to crypto enthusiasts by providing insurance based protection and mutual aid.
Since it’s built on top of blockchain technology, it incorporates values such as accessibility, cost-effectiveness, and transparency. And since the network will ease the chances of conflict in traditional insurance models, PolicyPal can become the future of providing insurance for crypto and unbanked assets.
PolicyPal is a Singapore based Exempted Financial Advisor and Licensed Insurance Broker which allows individuals to manage, purchase, optimize, and evaluate their insurance policies. PolicyPal creates a consumer base that’s more than 32,000 citizens in Singapore alone.
- Smart Insurance Contracts – fraud detection, weather condition triggers, payout, claims submission, and pricing algorithm adjustments.
- Secured Blockchain design privacy in order to protect important policy holder details.
- Instant insurance and settlement of policies.
- CryptoProtect: Creates a cyber-secured insurance policy that’s in partnership with insurers to save crypto assets.
What Issue Does it Solve?
One issue that occurs within Asia is that most of the population doesn’t have access to an insurance policy. This is due to the complications and barriers that are placed before a user creates an account.
PolicyPal wants to solve this issue by lowering the barriers of entry for users that aren’t banked. This will be possible through its P2P insurance program that works on mutual aid. This is possible through the use of smart contracts which handles issues of underwriting of claims and policies throughout the blockchain.
It’s Crypto Protect feature is underwritten by “AA” insurers. PolicyPal plans on partnering with startups in the crypto community to secure their cryptowallets and cryptoassets.
Token Sale Information
Disclaimer: Invest at your own risk. The content that’s produced in this post should be used for informational purposes only.
- Insurance Policy: PolicyPal’s insurance policies are protected by Ethereum’s blockchain technology. This makes it easier for your cryptoassets to stay protected from third parties and hackers.
- Parent Company: Its parent company already has a physical location in Singapore and has a consumer base of 32,000 people.
- User Incentive: You can gain PYPL tokens to protect your assets. Users are incentivized on this platform by validating others transactions and making sure they’re legitimate.
- Legal Issues: How will PolicyPal abide by local laws within each country? We would like to see further explanations on their legal issues.
- No MVP: We were expecting an MVP with this product. Since it doesn’t have one, users are left confused as to how this project actually works.
- Vague Claims: PolicyPal’s whitepaper can be confusing for people to read and their claims aren’t clear.