How Does Quant Work?
Quant is basically an multiple-chained decentralized application system. It works by creating their own Overledger Development Kit (SDK) and Blockchain Program Interface (BPI): these tools will help developers access to Overledger’s functionality.
- Improve resistance and minimize risk by giving developers the ability to spread their app and use it on different blockchains.
- Gain access to new customers and markets that have different blockchains.
- Connect with partners and suppliers that use any blockchain.
- Not limited to one-vendor, making it a more flexible platform.
What Problem Does it Solve?
Quant works to solve the problem of single-chain decentralized apps (dApps). Single-chain apps are good for creating simple apps, but they aren’t good for scaling or interoperability. This means that they are unable to share information fully.
For instance, regular dApps like Ethereum’s smart contracts are unable to be recognized by Hyperledger’s system? When it comes to cryptocurrency, this can be limit a lot of users from using your application.
Quant’s solution to this is to create an OS system that has multi-chain dApps. This works by using these three layers:
- Transaction Layer: Stores all of the transactions that are queued or stored in the ledger. It has all of the operations that help reach the consensus in multiple blockchain domains. It’s layer
- Messaging Layer: This is the logical layer because it has all of the relevant areas that are retrieved by the ledgers. The information can be anything: smart contracts, text information, or metadata. If its metadata, the strings consist of out of chain messages that can be seen as the payload in this layer.
- Ordering and Filtering Layer: In this layer, its main responsibility is to create connections between the team’s messages. The messages are extracted and made by the transaction information.
With Quant, it tackles a very important problem regarding blockchain interoperability. In addition, it incentivizes developers by creating an App Store. Quant has the technology to help developers make apps that can be accessed throughout the entire crypto world (Ethereum, Hyperledger, etc.).
- Website: View
- Whitepaper: Read
- Fundraising Goals:
- 6,500 ETH (Softcap) – 57,000 ETH (Hardcap)
- Maximum Token Supply: 31,000,000 QNT
Bounty0x username: jeremycole
- Partnership: Quant has links to National Agencies and Government Bodies.
- Developer Friendly: When you create an app with Quant, you don’t have to worry about creating it for another blockchain.
- Strong Team: The CEO has a lot of experience in information security and has a solid background. Plus, its advisory board has been working directly with Quant’s Overledger since 2015.
- Limited Market Information: On its whitepaper, it shows limited information on the marketplace and how it will be utilized.
- No MVP: While this is a great concept, it needs to have a physical product. According to their development team, their code will be released on Github on Q3 2018.
- High Competition: It says that it wants to create a multi-dApp platform, but there are also other projects that have this same goal such as Arcblock.