What is TIM?
TIM stands for The Internet of Money. The purpose of TIM is to create a blockchain network that would be able to handle up to 100 million transactions per second. This has never been done before, and one of the main barriers to cryptocurrency becoming a daily-use payment method has been the slow speed of transaction times on the traditional networks.
To achieve this, TIM is creating the ultimate network graph of the entire world by using data collected from local networks, WiFi, and GPS-location systems. With the graph fully constructed, TIM’s unique 2-layer blockchain will be able to create new and faster paths between nodes, instead of using the traditional methods. With faster communication between nodes, the blockchain network will be able to handle and verify more data, thus increasing the transaction rate.
- 2-Layer Blockchain: What makes TIM unique is their 2-layer blockchain which is made up of 1-hop nodes powered by GPS that are partitioned in a vertical multigraph structure. This allows nodes to contact each other quicker than ever.
- Record-Fast Transaction Times: TIM’s goal is to create a blockchain network that can process 100 million transactions per second. If the team can achieve this, then TIM could be seen as a worldwide competitor.
- Low Transaction Fees: Since transaction speeds will be faster than ever, less energy will be used across the network which will keep transactions fees incredibly low.
What Issue Does it Solve?
One of the biggest problems with blockchain as it stands now is that most blockchains can’t handle enough transactions to be feasibly used as a global transaction system. If TIM’s 2-layer blockchain can live up to the goals, then it could become the greatest blockchain network that the world has ever seen.
Token Sale Information
- Website: https://www.talking.im/
- Whitepaper: http://www.talking.im/assets/collat/tim.pdf
- Token name: TIM
- Token Sale: June 24th – July 8th 2018
- Accepted payment: ETH
- 1 TIM = 0.0001 ETH
- Hardcap: 100,000,000 ETH
- Softcap: 2,000 ETH
- Available to all countries
Disclaimer: All information on this post is made to educate our readers. Don’t invest in any ICO unless you’re confident about its capabilities and do so at your own risk.
- Faster transactions than ever
- Low transaction fees because of decreased energy requirements
- Quantum encryption of payment data
- Can process micropayments
- The team is small
- The company has very little PR and needs to build a reputation within the community to gain further traction
The team behind TIM has a great concept. They’re figuring out a way to revolutionize blockchain as the world knows it and turn it into a lightning-fast network. They have some very large goals, but they have outlined a very specific set of actions to achieve these goals. Their one drawback could be the lack of a solid presence in the media, but most likely they are waiting until they have a finished product to start the press-release process. They currently have a working alpha graph that they have collected for the purpose of their network available on their homepage.