How Does Vibeo Work?
Vibeo is a social media messaging platform that uses Ethereum blockchain to encrypt its messages. Users who participate with Vibeo are given VBEO tokens to view media and reward other users within the platform.
Here are some features that Vibeo presents within its whitepaper:
- Geolocation: Users can send each other real-live location updates to other verified users in guiding others to find you physically.
- Chat: Vibeo has an advanced chat system that delivers offline automated messages, push notifications, online presence indicators, group chats, history management, and location sharing. The in-chat features include exchanges and payment transfers.
- Timeline Blog: Users can create and manage timeline blogs. Each of the timelines share text and media content with friends or the Vibeo community.
- Video and Audio Calls: Communicate with video and audio calls in a conference mode with three people. You can share screens with others in video calls.
What Problem Does Vibeo Solve?
Messaging platforms tend to have a problem in security or in effectiveness. For instance, the recent Facebook scandal has created a growth in concern about protecting user’s data. Everyone is skeptical about using centralized platforms like Facebook because they fear that their data and private conversations will be compromised.
Vibeo’s solution is to create a social messaging platform that’s more secure and decentralized than its predecessors. VIBEO’s instant messaging app will aid a community of users such as members and merchants where each financial exchange and interaction can occur on its blockchain.
VBEO (it’s native currency) will be used to restructure how users consume content on its application. Vibeo’s team has a long-term plan to create a decentralized economy where the merchants can select Vibeo users and exchange currency within the platform.
Because it can solve this problem, we expect to see a multitude of decentralized apps similar to Vibeo in the future. These apps will help users socialize with their friends better while also keeping their conversations safe and secure.
- Website: Here
- Whitepaper: Read
- Fundraising Goal: 40,000 ETH
- Sale Date: September 18th, 2018
- Accepted Tokens: ETH
Disclaimer: This post was made for educational purposes only. Speak to a financial advisor and invest in ICOs at your own risk.
- Security: Messages that are sent through the platform have a default encryption. And, there are peer-to-peer protocols which are placed on decentralized servers to prevent manipulation or hacking.
- Decentralization: The decentralized economy has no central authority and helps merchants and users take place in the digital community.
- Saturated Market: We are concerned about how it will dominate the messaging market. There are hundreds of apps made already so that Vibeo will face some serious competition.
- Inexperienced Team: By communicating with the team we’ve found them to be inexperienced and unable to show much for the amount they’re attempting to raise.
- No Pictures Of The Team: Alongside the team being inexperienced they refuse to show their faces on their website, potential scam risk.