What is XArcade?
XArcade wants to bring together gamers and game developers using blockchain distribution and technology. Developers build mobile games using the popular NEM blockchain game development platform. Currently, the technology is relatively new, and there isn’t a way for them to successfully distribute these games to potential customers yet.
XArcade wants to create a marketplace platform that allows these blockchain developers to sell their games to customers. Buyers would purchase these games with the XArcade’s in-system cryptocurrency called XEM.
What XArcade also seeks to do is to create a whole new online gaming economy, where both players and developers can make money. That’s right; if you play games enough, then you will win in-game tokens which can then be transferred over to XEM, which can then be exchanged for fiat currency.
This promotes the development of good games. The better a game is, the more users will enjoy playing it, and the less they will mind paying for the game up-front, especially since they will have the ability to earn their investment back with more play time. It’s a win-win situation for developers and gamers alike.
- Get paid to play: Hardcore gamers can make money from playing the games. This encourages the development of a dedicated community.
- No fees for developers: Developers can list their games for any price that they want without having to worry about XArcade taking a large share of their profits.
- Player exchange: Gamers can exchange XEM tokens with their friends.
What Issue Does it Solve?
XArcade is going to open up a whole new door for developers and gamers. Currently, the two biggest retailers for mobile games are Apple and Google. However, these two companies take 30% of all profits from the developers in exchange for allowing them to list the game on their app store.
This not only discourages developers from creating and listing mobile games, but it means that to make a profit after the exorbitant fees, they will have to charge more money for the game itself. This means that users will have to pay way more than they would like to for a simple mobile game.
XArcade isn’t going to take a cut at all. This means that developers can sell their games for a lot cheaper, which will encourage more people to buy them. Gamers are furthermore encouraged to keep playing the game since they can exchange in-game tokens for real-world currency.
Token Sale Information
XArcade is not conducting an initial currency offering. They did have a Discounted Sale Offer on XAR tokens designed to attract wealthy investors, but that has since ended.
- Price: 1 XAR = 0.80 EU (Euros)
- Website: https://xarcade.io
- Whitepaper: https://xarcade.io/docs/WHAT%20IS%20XARCADE%20EN.pdf
Disclaimer: All information on this post is made to educate our readers. Don’t invest in any ICO unless you’re confident about its capabilities and do so at your own risk.
- Loyal Gamers: By giving gamers the opportunity to earn real-world money, XArcade is incentivizing gamers to stick with a game and get good at it.
- Reduced Publishing Fees: Game developers won’t have to charge exorbitant fees for their games since XArcade won’t be taking all of their money.
- Easy Transfers: XEM tokens which are earned from playing games can be used to purchase more games or can be easily transferred into fiat currency.
- Scaling: Although there are a couple of anticipated game releases, there won’t be a lot of options for the initial users.
- Integration: They have a great idea, but they will need to find a way of integrating their platform onto iOS and Android if they want to have a wide user-base.
- Competition: Integrating into iOS or Android may prove to be very challenging since they will see XArcade as competition to their app stores.