The HyperX Cloud Revolver S Gaming Headset gets its name from its comfort factor, with particularly high-quality memory foam earphones to cushion your ears during those long-haul gaming sessions. Meanwhile, studio grade sound quality packs a huge punch, making it a very immersion-promoting gaming necessity.
HyperX Cloud Revolver S Review
Plug n play
Unlike other headsets where you have to download drivers and software, the HyperX Cloud Revolver S Gaming Headset is 100% plug n play. All you do is plug it into your device and you’re ready to go. Not only does this make installation nonexistent, it makes it super easy to go from device to device seamlessly without any hassle or annoying setups or error messages.
The Cloud Revolver S uses seven simulated positional speakers and next-gen 50mm drivers to deliver Dolby 7.1 surround sound for a truly cinematic soundscape. From the loudest explosions to the softest crunching of twigs from an enemy behind you, every sound is engineered to be clear and perfectly audible, without distortion, to not only give you an edge over the competition, but an ultimately more enjoyable and immersive gaming experience. With Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound, lows are deep and powerful, mids are rich and highs come across with the utmost clarity, for a complete and all-encompassing audio experience that explores the full sound spectrum of each game, the way the audio engineers intended.
The noise-cancelling microphone features digital enhancements to further its capabilities so your voice comes across loud and clear to the rest of your team, ensuring that no chances are missed when the stakes are high.
The headphones are made from HyperX’s ultra-high-quality memory foam for comfortable support, covered with premium leatherette for an extra touch of luxury and smoothness. The headband has been widened as an improvement upon previous HyperX headphones so that weight is distributed more evenly across the head, so that not only is it more comfortable, but you can game longer before your head gets sore—probably. (It’s a logical conclusion, after all.)
The Cloud’s frame is made from durable steel so you don’t have to worry about them becoming warped or broken with even the most extensive gamer-related wear. The leatherette earphone covers are likewise engineered for durability, protecting the naturally sturdy memory foam earphone base.
The HyperX Cloud Revolver S Gaming Headset looks and feels well-made and durable, straight out of the box. Aesthetically, it has a classy appearance without being obnoxious about it. Its sleek gunmetal chic looks are ambiguous and attractive enough to suit the taste of gamers of every variety.
But not everything is about looks. Because HyperX products tend to be very formidable, I was eager to get down to business and try the Cloud Revolver S out.
Firstly, I’m a big fan of plug n play. I own a lot of different gaming platforms and devices. It would be a pain and a huge time suck to have to go around and install the headset on each one of them. I’m glad HyperX sees the practicality of plug n play, because it’s not about laziness—it really is the more practical, hassle-free solution.
The sound quality is epic, but everyone knows Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound is epic, so when you team it up with a headset with high-end specs like the HyperX Cloud, you know superior sound will emerge. You can’t fully appreciate the nuance of a game with a great soundscape until you’ve experienced a sound system of this quality, and I can honestly say my mind is blown. Maybe I’ve been under privileged headset-wise, but I dunno—I truly think HyperX has something special here. The sound is so awesome in all ranges and tones that you really end up getting lots in-game. And for games that require immersion for a player to really be locked in and at their best, that’s just, frankly, ideal.
As far as comfort goes, I’m once again fully impressed. The ear coverings are definitely the most comfortable I’ve found. I have sensitive skin and I can’t stand anything irritating, like low quality foam covers—it takes me out of the zone. This, however, is so comfortable, I forget I’m wearing the HyperX Cloud Revolver S—which is probably what they intended all along.
The HyperX Cloud Revolver S Gaming Headset provides next-level studio sound quality to really amp up your game; with premium comfort features, and compatibility with a bevy of top game systems and devices, the HyperX Cloud Revolver S Gaming Headset is definitely one of the ultimate gaming headsets around, period.
- Studio quality Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound
- Frequency response: 12-28,000Hz
- Next-Gen 50mm drivers
- Detachable noise-cancelling mic
- Advanced audio control box
- Plug n play—not installation, setup or software involved
- HyperX premium memory foam earphones
- Leatherette earphone covering
- Widened headband for improved comfort
- Steel frame for ultimate durability
- 5mm connection—compatible with devices, including VR systems, with 3.5mm ports
- Extension cable with dual USB and 3.5mm connections
- Compatible with the following devices: PC, PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox One S, smartphones, tablets, VR (some devices may need adaptors or must have 3.5mm ports)
- While the HyperX Cloud Revolver S Gaming Headset is compatible with both Xbox One and Xbox One S, you need an adaptor if the controllers don’t have a 3.5mm port, and the adaptor is sold separately. If Xbox One is your only gaming platform, this is a bit disappointing. However, if you intend to use these for multiple gaming platforms, the adaptor might be worth it for use with the Xbox One and Xbox One S, this is a con that you really have to weigh against your personal needs/preferences as there is no one singular right answer on this.