Razer Orochi Gaming Mouse Review
The Razer Orochi arguably performs just as well as their MMO mouse or FPS mouse. This mouse works in various gaming contexts. Some might like this mouse for MMOs, since you don’t have to deal with extra side buttons.
Both right and left handed gamers can enjoy this mouse. Its ergonomic design lends to that. If you’re looking for a wireless gaming mouse, this one might work. Its Bluetooth connectivity allows use with space starved desktop set ups and laptops. If you’re looking to save money on a wireless mouse and a gaming mouse, this one will likely fill both voids.
Speaking of wireless connectivity, this mouse works from distances over 10 feet. Have your mouse positioned some distance away from your computer? Expect the peripheral to remain stably connected. The mouse doesn’t need to have its batteries frequently changed, either. Both last as long as seven months when in regular use.
The Razer Orochi’s DPI (dots-per-inch) sensitivity settings offer lots of versatility on that front. If you prefer a lower DPI, you can use the Razer Synapse software to change it. Out of the box, the mouse harbors a 6400dpi.
According to gamers, this mouse performs well in a variety of games. The mouse responds accurately and lends itself to macros and regular mouse functions. And, if you’re into setting up profiles for each game, you can do that via the Razer Synapse software.
Features and Benefits
Price and performance lend to why the Razer Orochi gaming mouse might work for you. Usable in most gaming scenarios, this mouse has a bevy of features making it worthy of a shot at regular use.
- USB wired and wireless connectivity – compatible with Bluetooth 3.0.
- Extended battery life (for wireless connectivity); uses two AA batteries.
- 6400dpi Laser Sensor in 4G.
- Four extra buttons.
- Ambidextrous form factor allows right handed and left handed players to use mouse.
- Ambient LED lighting on scroll wheel.
- Hyper responsive buttons for more accurate gaming input.
- Fully compatible with Razer Synapse hardware configuration software.
Pros and Cons
Most users like the price to performance ratio of this product. For the great price, you get all the functionality you’ll need for extended gaming sessions. Many also like its ambidextrous design, in addition to its versatile connectivity.
- Most liked the ergonomic and ambidextrous design.
- The mouse works as a wireless peripheral or wired, especially if battery gets low.
- The mouse features four easy to access side buttons.
- The surface coating and build quality feels great for most users.
- Wireless functionality sometimes acts glitchy.
- The mouse goes to sleep quickly if idle for more than twenty minutes.
- Sometimes, the wireless connection is unstable.
- On occasion, the Razer Synapse settings don’t function well.